Thursday, May 3, 2007

All I need is garlic!

I have been buying fresh garlic bulbs for years and chopping them fresh to cook with, it lowers the blood pressure, prevents cancer and many other things, plus it adds real life to food. It might be a good idea to eat fresh garlic, and fresh{cooked} as well as aged, from what I gather to reap all the benefits. You are what you eat, people feel like crap because of what they put in their bodies, if we were as picky about what we eat as the music we listen to we would be better off. I still eat stuff I should not, it is hard to avoid, but I am trying to increase the % of stuff I know is "clean". I had a huge salad with blue cheese, croutons, bacon bits and olives with dinner, If I dumped the blue cheese and bacon and just used vinegar and olive oil dressing it would be about perfect. I made some garlic noodles, two fat cloves of garlic sauteed in about half a cup of olive oil, with basil, oregano, black pepper and sea salt, when it starts to brown throw in the spaghetti noodles and some fresh grated parmesan and romano and sea salt to add some twang, I may smell like a Cambodian farmer but it tastes great and its a good way to ingest some fresh garlic. Processed foods make me fell like crap, so little by little I am working towards natural clean foods, people scrape crap out of a can for decades and then wonder why they feel like cow manure. Next time your at the store grab the big bulk pack of garlic bulbs, it keeps at room temperature for a long time, and tastes ten times better than the stuff in the jar and you will not have to worry about vampyrs coming near you, or anybody else for that matter. Check out this medical article on garlic---
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/garlic-000245.htm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, you are what you eat. Gonna try fresh noodles next time I make them. Your recipe sounds yummy. And a lot better than the stuff from a pouch with ingredients listed that I can't even pronounce.

Anonymous said...

It does not matter if its 11 pm. or 9 a.m., I f I try to sneak making some garlic noodles the kids sniff them out and want some, so I always make a half a box of noodles, Its basically Italian, alot of people don't realize the majority of Italian dishes have zero tomatos. Another good way to get the garlic and ceyanne is with hot wings, its basically medicine more than food, you can feel the blood circulating nicely...hehe!-CITIZEN

Anonymous said...

Have you ever rode in the cab of a truck with someone who ate fresh garlic? I did for five years. IA