Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I want fresh Vegetables, no chemicals please!


Time to get moving on a garden, thinking about Pole beans, Roma tomatoes, regular tomatoes, Ceyanne peppers, hungarian hot wax peppers, maybe some squash, jalapenos.

Green peppers and onions, potatoes, carrots etc. do not do the best and are rather cheap to buy so I want to concentrate on the good stuff that grows well.

I am going to go with a vertical set-up, growing upwards on wire supported by posts, I have seen pole beans get 12" long doing this!, also tomatoes do well on tall round wire set-ups.

Jalapenos and ceyannes do good in pots you can move around on the deck. Looking for some new ideas, might put a stone path down the center and side, do it all in a box set-up.


I tried , garlic and onions and it did not work well, potatoes were like golfballs last garden, I think the best plan is to concentrate on the ones I know do well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey green peppers are not that cheap, I have seen them as high as 75cent a pop. Cherry tomatos are easy and you can eat them like candy. Be careful not to plant more than you can handle. Two plants will give you at least 100.
IA

Anonymous said...

plum tomatoes and bell peppers grow well in pots on the patio if you get short on space. YUM.

Anonymous said...

Green peppers are hard to get going strong, maybe if I research on that I can actually get some production, cherry tomatoes are good as well, but the Romas are very meaty and not to much Gooh inside, ya know the gelatinoius white gooo stuff. Got chives 12" tall already, good on eggs or omelletes, soups and baked potatoes with sour cream, or in place of onion....do chives they grow like mad all summer and fall.-CITIZEN