Tuesday, March 4, 2008

ROMAN GOLD?



I purchased a simple Roman coin cleaning kit with instructions which included 5 uncleaned coins and what do you know! One of them is gold, no not bronze, no not copper, no not silver but friggen gold!!!! I am in shock! This "trashed" coin weighs in at .15 of a troy ounce worth about $147.50!!!! I purchased the stupid kit for $15.00!
It seems I have a horseshoe jammed up my ass! yeah!!!!!!!
The more I cleaned the 2,000 year debris off of this coin the more it was evident, a yellow gold we all know so well. Using olive oil, distilled water and a toothbrush I removed centuries of coating. This is an absolute pleasant suprise!-Citizen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, big C. Break out the metal detector and go treasure hunting. I think "little C" could really get into that!

Anonymous said...

Yup, sounds like you found that horseshoe!!!Got your money back, and then some on that kit.