Friday, February 16, 2007

Records of man dumped on skid row released

Witnesses reported a man, described by police as a 41-year-old who lost use of his legs in a 1990 car crash, crawling in the street Feb. 8 after being dropped off by a van contracted by Hollywood Presbyterian.
So let me get this straight, if you become a wounded animal due to unfortunate events in America you get thrown out of a van into the mud onto skid row dragging behind you a busted colostomy bag, a throw away of society, a discarded commodity, a non productive human resource, a non person, an unviable worker unit. We give billions to foreign nations to twist their political arm yet we turn our backs on our own citizens, we throw them away like garbage into the slums of America to just fade away, veterans, the mentally ill, the drug addicted, the lost, and make up smug slogans like "get a job". What system turns its back on its own people who are completely broken? a corrupt lying system, I am no bleeding heart liberal as they say, I simply call it as I see it, and for a nation so rich as the U.S. to dump its unfortunates like trash in alleyways is despicable, it's positively shameless and inexcusable.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/H/HOMELESS_DUMPING?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sentaments exactly. Well said citizen. Have you ever thought of running for office?

Citizen said...

Anyone who is a threat to the system is destroyed, so those who speak the truth have a short lifespan, big money puts people into office, I am not to sure the truth has any backing.

Anonymous said...

You are so right, I can't get health insurance and I make over
what would qualify for assistance.
As a Vet I drive two hour away to
a clinic. It is a crime! I hope I
can continue to make the trip.